Conditions of Hire
Please note; All chalets are NO Smoking.
1. When you receive confirmation of your booking you should check all details immediately. It is your responsibility to contact us in case of ANY mistakes and you should contact the owner immediately.
2. If any payment you make is not honoured for any reason the owner is entitled to make an admin. charge of £25.
3. The owner does not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but occassionally problems occur and bookings have to be changed or cancelled. If this does happen the owner will contact the party leader as soon as is reasonably practicable, explain what has happened and inform you of the cancellation or change. Where a booking is cancelled by the owner he will refund in full the amount paid by the party. Please note no compensation or refund is payable for minor changes.
4. Except where expressly stated in these conditions the owner shall not not be liable for any changes, cancellations, effect on your holiday, loss or damage suffered by you or for any failure by the owner to perform or properly perform any of their obligations to you which is due to any event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the owner (referered to as "force majeure" in these conditions). By way of example "force majeure" includes fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, poltergeists, destruction or damage to the property by any cause and all similar situations. No compensation,expenses, costs or any sums of any description will be payable in such circumstances by the owner to you.
Pesonal Injury and Liability
5. The owner shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless it results from the owners negligence.
6. You must take steps at all times to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of any damage to , or loss of, such personal property. Personal property includes any vehicles or contents of vehicles whilst on the owners property.
7. If you want to change or cancel your booking an administration fee of £25 will be payable to the owner.
8. If you have to, or wish to, cancel your booking the party leader must telephone the owner on 01349 830265 as soon as possible. The party leader must also confirm the cancellation in writing sent by recorded delivery to the owner at The Wheel Inn chalets, Evanton, IV16 9XH. The day the owner receives your telephone notification is the date on which your booking is cancelled. The owner must, however, have been informed of the cancellation in person. No answer phone messages will be accepted as a cancellation.
9. If you cancel more than 60 days before arrival date the owner may, at his deicretion, give a full refund. If you cancel less than 60 days before arrival a refund will be issued at the owners discretion, only if the cancelled dates can be subsequently filled.
10. If your booking has been made through Ebay or is at a discounted price then a refund will only be given if the chalet you booked can be subsequently re-booked. If you booked through Ebay we will offer the booking again on ebay to try to recoup your booking fee. However it must be noted that a subsequent booking may be for less than your winning bid in which case we will only be able to refund you this lower amount.
11.If any payment due in relation to your booking is not paid by the appropriate date, the owner is entitled to treat the booking as cancelled by you. Cancellation in this manner will result in total loss of all monies paid.
Arrival and departure:
12.You can arrive at the chalets any time after 1500hrs on the start date of your holiday rental and you must leave before 10.00hrs on the last day. If your arrival will be delayed beyond 2000hrs on the start date of your booking you must contact the owner so that suitable arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the property. If you fail to arrive by 12 noon on the day after the start date and do not advise the owner of your late arrival your holiday rental will be treated as being cancelled by you and no refund will be made.
13. You and all members of your party agree both to keep the property clean and tidy and to leave the property in a similar condition as you found it upon arrival. You and all members of your party agree not to use the property for any commercial purpose including without limitation asigning or subletting it or otherwise allowing anyone to occupy it who has not been previously accepted by the owner.
14.Unless otherwise stated a £50 damage deposit will be payable upon booking the holiday rental. The deposit will be refunded by the owner by post in 2-3 weeks following the end of your holiday rental (less any costs for breakages, damage etc). Please note:. There is No Smoking in any of the chalets. If you or any member of your rental party are found to have been smoking in the property you will lose the £50 damage deposit.
15.You are liable to the owner for the actual costs of any breakage or damage in or to the property- along with any additional costs- which are caused by you and/or any members of your holiday rental party, and the owner can require payment from you to cover such costs. You must inform the owner immediately of any appliance breakdowns during your holiday period. Failure to do so will result in you being liable for the repacement cost of that appliance.
16. The owner is entitled at his sole and absolute discretion to refuse to hand over to you, or to repossess the property (which includes the fixtures and fittings, furnishings and decorations) if the owner reasonably believes that any damage is likely to be caused, has been caused or is being caused by you and/or any member of your holiday rental party. These circumstances will be treated as cancellation by you. No refund of any monies you have paid in respect of your booking will be made and the owner will have no liability to you as a result of this situation occuring. In this situation the owner is under no obligation to find any alternative accommodation for you. You must allow no more than 6 people to occupy the rental property. Sleeping accomodation is provided as 1 double bed sleeping 2, 2 single beds sleeping 2 in total and 1 sofa bed sleeping 2. Although adults will fit on the sofa bed we recommend that you use this for children or teenagers only.
17, If you take a pet with you it is not allowed on beds or chairs. Pets should not be left unattended in the property and dogs should be excercised off the property. Any dogs must be kept on a lead whilst on the property but outside of the chalet. Please also note that we do not have a pet or child proof boundary.
18. Linen is provided as part of the holiday let, this being bottom sheets, duvets, duvet covers, pillows and covers and tea towels. Please note that all linen for cots should be brought with you. This includes pillows and blankets or duvets.You should provide your own towels. All electricity is provided through a £1 slot meter.
19. Please note that chalet 1 only has a shower, no bath. Chalets 2 and 3 have both. If you specifically require a chalet with a bath, for instance where you have a baby or very small child, you must let us know as soon as possible so we may, subject to availability, allocate one to you.
20. If there are any complaints they must be brought to the owners attention as soon as possible. No complaints will be addressed after the last date of the holiday rental period.
21. Please be aware that our chalets were built before the the days of minimum access requirements. Also bear in mind, too, that countryside activity can be noisy (and smelly!) at times- so if you are a confirmed "towny" be warned!
22. We recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance prior to your holiday.
By booking with us you agree that you have read, understand and agree to abide by the above terms and conditions of hire for The Wheel Inn Chalets.